Okay, so here’s the fruity, fluffy semolina cream that caused the premature end of my as-good-as-new ceramic glass cooktop.
I got to know this recipe about 10 years ago, when a girl from Germany who I met on an online game told me about it, and it turned out to be an easy, not too unhealthy and extremely filling dessert.
- 500ml black currant, strawberry or cherry juice
- 65g semolina
- optionally sugar or artificial sweetener to taste
- bring fruit juice to boil
- add semolina, stir
- let semolina simmer for 5 minutes or so, til its soft and soaked
- pour the semolina mash in a large bowl
- mix on highest level for al least 10 minutes
Through the mixing the mash will become all fluffy, soft and creamy, its colour will become lighter and its volume will increase.
You can eat it right away, when it’s still warm or wait til it has cooled off.
Especially the variant with strawberry juice will go very well with chocolate cream.
(I know, the picture could have been better, but at the time this photo was made, I was busy removing shards.)