No time or desire to cook today, so it had to be quick:
- slices of butternut squash, baked in the oven for about 20 minutes (turn over after 10 minutes)
- some deep frozen veggies (carots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, corn), defrosted in the microwave oven
Very delicious, I think, I’ll put butternut squash on my top ten list of favourite veggies.
Also a very filling meal for only 250 kcalories.
Today was another day of using up leftovers.
There were still some slices of pattypan squash left, which spent the night in a spicy bath of marinade. Today I threw them in a pan with some tofu, veggies and couscous.
The only complaint I heard was “Isn’t there more of it?”.
- thin slices of pattypan squash
- 100g veggies (I had deep frozen carots, peas and corn)
- 40g smoked tofu
- soy sauce
- 1/2 soup cube
- grated or crushed garlic
- pepper, curry
- 60g couscous
- 160ml water
- 1/2 soup cube
- mix marinade ingredients
- put pattypan squash slices and marinade in a container, marinade should suffice to cover slices
- close container and keep in the fridge for a couple of hours or over night
- if you use deep frozen veggies, defrost them
- cut tofu to small cubes
- boil water, add soup cube
- remove pot from hot plate, stir in couscous
- let couscous soak for a couple of minutes
pattypan squash slices:
- put slices with marinade in a big pan and let boil for a couple of minutes
- add tofu and veggies, stir
- add couscous, stir
- let simmer for a few minutes
Unfortunately the batteries of my camera were empty and the mobile phone camera didn’t quite catch the colours and yummyness – I swear it looked really nice and tasted even better.