One of my favourites: simple, healthy, low-calorie and very tasty.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 package tomato purée (500g)
- 350g cabbage
- salt, pepper, ground caraway
- cut, slice or grate cabbage
- heat oil in a large pot
- add cabbage and brown lightly for a couple of minutes while stirring
- add tomato purée, stir thoroughly
- reduce temperature and put lid on pot
- let simmer for about 30 minutes until cabbage is done, stir every now and then
- season to taste
Goes well with bread.
This really large pot of tomato cabbage doesn’t only taste great, it also has just about 300 kcals!