A couple of weeks ago my almost-parents-in law brought by 10 kg of grain.
Some days ago I finally took the time to start grinding some wheat and rye and bake bread.
This recipe is very simple and doesn’t need any kneading or preheating of the oven and the dough needs to rest for only 10 minutes.
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 10g dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway (powdered)
- 2 tablespoos apple vinegar
- 30g linseeds
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 30g rolled oats
- 300g whole-wheat flour
- place baking sheet in baking pan (or grease it)
- put all ingredients except flour in a big bowl and stir
- add flour, stir a little more
- pour the dough in the baking pan and wait 10 minutes
- put baking pan in the cold oven
- also put a bowl of cold water on the bottom of the oven
- turn oven to 225°C/440°F and bake for 20 minutes
- decrease to 200°C/390°F and bake for another 30 minutes
- remove bread from oven, take it out of the baking pan and spray or brush with water, if you want a softer crust (mmmhhhh that smell!)